As a result of its international experience, BIGNON LEBRAY is able to assist its French and other clients on their projects in Africa. We operate in many parts of the African continent.
The Africa Desk team is made up of partners and associates who have experience of OHADA law.
We work in close conjunction with trusted correspondents in several African nations. BIGNON LEBRAY is also a member of the MERITAS international network of lawyers, ranked among the best legal networks in the world, and which includes members located in a number of major African cities.
We also work with specialists in economics, geostrategy, diplomatic relations and human resources specializing in the area to enable us to offer multi-disciplinary competencies to our clients and to provide turnkey solutions for their projects.
Our Africa Desk complements the firm’s international offering, which includes the China Desk which was set up in 2007, and is dedicated to French and Chinese clients wishing to expand in China, Europe and Africa.
Our lawyers can assist with tax issues, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, public law / government relations, project finance / public-private partnerships, new technologies, labor law matters and corporate social responsibility.
We operate in various sectors including: Telecommunications, Banking-Finance, Mining, Infrastructure, Energy, Agribusiness and Real Estate. Some of the significant transactions worked on by our “Africa Desk” include the following:
- PPP / Infrastructures: A multidisciplinary team from BIGNON LEBRAY advised HYUNDAI ROTEM, a Korean manufacturer of rolling stock and engineering systems, on the planning, financing, implementation, operation and maintenance of the future subway in Abidjan (Ivory Coast) as part of a consortium with Bouygues and Kéolis.
- PPP / Infrastructures: we are advising a subcontracting group in an arbitration before the International Chamber of Commerce relating to the construction of an airport
- Industrial group: our firm advises and assists ELECTROSTEEL, an Indian company (manufacturer of iron pipes), in its development projects in Algeria
- Real estate: we have assisted and advised clients on the acquisition of real estate in Morocco.
- Retail Sector: we are advising a company in the Supermarket sector, on the establishment of the headquarters of its real estate subsidiary in Senegal as part of an investment project.