BIGNON LEBRAY’s Banking, Finance & Capital markets team advises and assists its French and foreign clients, including banks, financial institutions, investment funds, insurance companies, public and corporate entities, asset managers and financial and banking intermediaries with the structuring, negotiation and drafting of all types of contractual documents required for the following transactions:
- in the banking sector, the implementation of corporate financing, acquisition financing (in particular LBOs), asset financing (including by way of lease or French credit bail) and project financing (for public, private, or joint-venture projects, in France and abroad);
- in capital markets, the team assists both issuers and subscribers with implementing and updating EMTN programmes, as well as with private placements, including Euro PPs and Schuldschein loans, and the issuance of vanilla or structured bonds, hybrid securities, and negotiable debt securities (TCNs).
The Banking, Finance & Capital markets team regularly advises on receivables discounting and refinancing transaction;
The team also advises financial institutions with respect to export credit financing, in coordination, when necessary, with the China Desk and the Africa Desk.
The team is also experienced in the field of derivatives (FBF and ISDA).
Public Sector Financing – Regulatory Matters
The team also works closely with members of the firm’s Public, Environmental & PPP law department in advising on the following:
- financing of public bodies and drafting of required contractual documents, all matters related to public sector financial transactions, including public law aspects, such as the capacity to contract, decision-making mechanisms, potential state guarantees (and their continuation in the event of a change in borrower status), and compatibility with public procurement, public accounting and state aid regulations;
- regulatory matters, approvals, and compliance and professional conduct regulations applicable to investment sector professionals and other regulated financial professions.
Credit Institution Litigation
The Banking, Finance & Capital Markets team advises and assists relation to litigation relatives to :
- Credit and financing transactions, including disputes relative to the overall effective rate and conventional interest rates,
- Provision of guarantees (collaterals / autonomous guarantee)
- Securities portfolio management mandates
- Financial product intermediary transactions
- Group-insurance subscription
- Banking services
Debt collection and guarantees
The team is involved in the recovery of debits from its clients’ debtors and their guarantors and takes security over assets to guarantee the enforcement of any subsequent judgment.
When the client has obtained judgment, the Banking, Finance & Capital Markets team proceeds with execution, if necessary by initiating a foreclosure procedure.
Companies in Financial Difficulties
The team’s restructuring specialists of companies in distress also assist their clients (including credit institutions) in the acquisition, renegotiation and restructuring of complex banking claims, whether under amicable dispute resolutions or through collective procedures.
LEGAL 500 EMEA 2016/2017
BIGNON LEBRAY is recommended in Capital Markets – Debt.
CHAMBERS EUROPE 2016/2017
BIGNON LEBRAY is ranked in Capital Markets: Debt – France (Band 3).
IFLR 1000 2016/2017
BIGNON LEBRAY’s Banking, Finance & Capital Markets practice is ranked in the category Bank and Finance : «Quality practice».
LE MONDE DU DROIT - LE PALMARÈS DES AVOCATS 2017
BIGNON LEBRAY won the Bronze award in Bank / Finance.