BIGNON LEBRAY has developed a strong, recognized expertise in the field of private equity, in particular in capital innovation (venture capital), development capital and capital investment (LBOs) for smid cap transactions (companies valued at between 0 and €100M).
The firm advises renowned financial investors including investment funds, corporate ventures, family offices, business angels, as well as target companies and their managers.
The firm has wide-ranging experience that covers all legal, tax and financing aspects of these types of transactions, and that includes
- legal/tax structuring of transactions,
- carrying out acquisition audits and vendor due diligence from a legal, tax and employment perspective,
- drafting and negotiating pre-contractual agreements (letters of intent/term sheets), investment protocols, shareholder agreements, and guarantee agreements,
- advising on appropriate securities and financial aggregates,
- drafting and negotiation of the corporate documentation required for the transactions and for the issuance of securities,
- negotiating and drafting the financing documentation (in particular for LBOs),
- determining and implementing management packages,
- assisting with equity-related transactions (company transfers, public offerings, etc.).
@start-ups: innovation is our business and our state of mind; BIGNON LEBRAY supports a culture of innovation by participating in the start-up ecosystem, as a partner to business incubators and accelerators and by developing modern management techniques that make exchanges with clients simpler, more fluid and better adapted.
With its Stand By Me service offer, BIGNON LEBRAY is one of the few leading corporate law firms that offers a one-stop-shop for legal, tax and employment solutions, adapted to the specific needs and constraints of start-ups at all stages of development.
LEGAL 500 PARIS
BIGNON LEBRAY is recommended in Private Equity (2018/2019):
Quotation: “Bignon Lebray has ‘excellent expertise’. The firm advises startups, investment funds and companies in innovation capital and development capital transactions. It has assisted Capagro Innovation in respect of a € 2 million investment in Lineazen. The team also assists managers in LBO transactions. The activity is developed by Alexandre Ghesquière, Thomas Buffin and Edouard Waels, who is “always very attentive, understands the needs of its customers and proposes adapted solutions.”
LEGAL 500 EMEA
BIGNON LEBRAY is recommended in Private Equity – Venture and Growth Capital (2018/2019).
BIGNON LEBRAY ranked in Private Equity : « Other notable » (2019).
OPTION DROIT & AFFAIRES
BIGNON LEBRAY is ranked in Private Equity:
Venture Capital: 3 stars (2017/2018)
Capital Development and LBO – transactions lower than 50 million EUR: 1 star (2017/2018)
Advising managers in LBO Transactions: 1 star (2016/2017)
The Private Equity practice of BIGNON LEBRAY is ranked in the following categories (2019):
Venture Capital: « Excellent »
LBO Transactions (lower mid-cap and small mid cap) : « High name recognition »