For more than 20 years, BIGNON LEBRAY’s Tax law team has developed extensive expertise in both domestic and international tax law, and has advised both companies and managers.
The team assists major international groups with their transactions in France and abroad as well as high-growth companies (start-ups).
The Department focuses on the following:
- Tax structuring of mergers and acquisitions (i.e. LBOs, MBOs, OBOs, etc.);
- International corporate tax strategy (international growth, supply chain optimisation, wealth management, VAT, customs, etc.);
- Transfer Pricing
- Taxation of innovation-focused companies (research tax credits, patent regimes, young innovative company status, R&D centers, etc.);
- Corporate tax management (tax audits, taxation of employee participation, tax integration, group restructuring);
- Personal wealth taxation and business inheritance (family holding vehicles, Dutreil agreements, exit tax, inheritance tax, etc.);
- Property tax.
- Assistance with tax audits as part of administrative pre-dispute proceedings and before the competent authorities (MAP, arbitrage);
- Assistance with tax raids, tax fraud enquiries, criminal tax law;
- Legal action before French courts.
The Tax department works closely with other departments in the firm, including the Corporate, Private Equity, Commercial, Property, IP, Banking and Finance, and Public Law departments, which allows it to provide clients with comprehensive solutions.
BIGNON LEBRAY is the French member of Quantera Global, an international network of experts in transfer pricing.
LEGAL 500 PARIS
BIGNON LEBRAY was recommended in the Tax Law category (2018/2019):
“Bignon Lebray’s team comprising a dozen lawyers advises in transactional taxation and has good expertise in international taxation, transfer pricing and litigation. The firm mainly advises SMEs and start-ups. It has recently assisted NH Hotels in managing the tax aspects associated with its € 535 million refinancing through bond issues. Cyril Maucour heads the department. Jérôme Granotier is also involved in the files.”
BIGNON LEBRAY was recommended in the Tax Law category (2015):
“The team is recommended for its ‘high level of technical knowledge of transfer pricing and international taxation’ and its ‘excellent understanding of the challenges faced by companies.’ The firm represents several large international groups that it advises on transfer pricing, international taxation, and dispute management. Cyril Maucour is appreciated for ‘his tax expertise and his reactivity’ and ‘his ability to adapt his solutions to operational constraints.”
LEGAL 500 EMEA
BIGNON LEBRAY was recommended in the Tax law category (2018/2019).
The Tax practice of BIGNON LEBRAY is ranked in:
Patrimonial taxation – Wealth Management: «Renowned practice»
Tax Adjustment and Litigation – Patrimonial taxation – Wealth management: «Renowned practice»
Taxation of research and innovation & Research tax credit: «High name recognition»
Taxation of international companies: «High name recognition»
Transfer pricing: «High name recognition»
Tax litigation and recovery assistance: «Quality practice»
Taxation of transactions: «High name recognition»