The Tech Company Revolution
Medtech, biotech, cleantech, fintech – so many new technologies offering just as many new, innovative services to revolutionize major industries such as health, biodiversity, ecology and finance. The Tech companies are injecting a dose of dynamism into the landscape, ensuring the success of numerous start-ups while at the same time being courted by large companies.
Innovation understanding and expertise
BIGNON LEBRAY is highly cognizant of this ecosystem and strives to integrate lawyers into its ranks who, beyond their sectoral legal expertise, precisely understand these new professions and stakes.
Innovation is hence our business and mindset: On a daily basis, BIGNON LEBRAY defends the culture of innovation as the partner of several networks of business angels, incubators, venture capital funds or corporate venture and by developing modern management tools that alleviate, facilitate and optimize exchanges with its clients; its expertise in capital innovation has been praised for many years in the major guides and rankings.
@start-ups : with its Stand By Me offer, BIGNON LEBRAY is thus one of the few major French corporate law firm that provide legal, fiscal and business support solutions, packaged as a “one stop shop” approach, specifically designed to fittingly meet the needs and constraints of startups in the different stages of their development.
Thanks to our expertise in intellectual property law and new technologies, we are able to assist a diverse range of businesses in the digital economy, both in France and abroad, consisting inter alia in startup companies, software publishers, IT infrastructure managers, MOOC producers, programmers-developers, data center managers, web providers, online merchants, etc.
Our area of expertise
Our skills enable us to assist our clients during the design phase of their products (protection of rights), as well as when the latter are launched on the market (online selling contracts, transfer of right contracts), and during special projects (ERP migrations, etc.)
Our law firm regularly deals with following issues:
- audits of intellectual property rights,
- protection of intellectual property rights (trademarks, patents, software, copyrights, etc.)
- management of employees, interns and freelancers’ creations,
- drafting of cloud computing contracts (SaaS, IaaS, Paas)
- drafting of online sales contracts (GTC, TOS)
- ensuring compliance with the Privacy and Freedom Protection law (CNIL)
- drafting of content creation and operation contracts (audiovisual, MOOCs, etc.)
- drafting of software operating contracts (licenses, assignments)
- legal defense in Software Asset Management litigations (litigation software licenses)
- legal defense as part of intangible asset litigations (trademarks, patents, software, copyrights)
- legal defense in domain names litigations (Syreli procedures typosquatting, cybersquatting)
- legal defense in unfair competition and parasitism litigations,
- creative and design services training to ensure protection requirement compliance.